Friday, June 18, 2010

Friday

Today:

1. I found a bug in the addstar file code that will hopefully have a profound impact on my completeness results. Unfortunately, I accidentally corrupted my only copy of one of the allframe output files, so I have to re-run Allframe all over again. :( I still have high hopes that my completeness problems will all magically disappear after this. If so, Allframing begins this weekend.

2. I spent part of the morning working on the manual that tracks all of my analysis. I had originally written it as a .doc because I was working from my computer during a break from school and the ssh connection was horrible. Today I converted it all to a latex document and made the formatting really nice. I also added a preface and have been trying to incorporate a table of contents. Some other time, I'll get to updating the content. So far, the Bertin software sections are largely complete; the Allframe and Artificial Star Test sections still have a ways to go.

3. During the afternoon I revised the first two sections of the paper. Overall, the intro reflects that of my thesis much more now, with plenty of revisions I nabbed from the first draft of the real paper. I'll proofread draft 2 and then send it on to Beth for review. Next on the paper agenda will be finishing the completeness section and moving on to results.

Monday:
1. Completeness like it's never been done before.
2. Adding bootstrapping to the distance code.
3. More work on the paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment